Some questions you can use in the classroom with the poems on this site:
- Which poem do you most connect with? Why?
- What is the topic of this poem?
- How does the poem’s title relate to its topic?
- What can you infer about the author’s point of view? Support your answer with details from the text.
- What is most likely the author’s purpose for writing this poem?
- How does the poem’s background image and/or layout complement it?
- What poetic devices, if any, are used in this poem?
- What effect do these poetic devices have on the poem?
- What is one question you have for the author of this poem?
- Write a poem of your own using images and/or layout to enhance it.